A:Amy, do you like mouse?
艾米,你喜欢老鼠吗?
B:Not, the mice always make the house smelly and disgusting. But I like Mickey Mouse.
不喜欢,老鼠不但很恶心,还会将房间弄得很臭。但是我喜欢米奇老鼠。
A:Mickey Mouse does cute! What about chipmunks, especially chipmunks that can sing?
米奇确实很可爱。那你喜欢花栗鼠吗,那种会唱歌的花栗鼠?
B:Singing chipmunks? If they can really sing as well as the chipmunks in the movie Alvin and Chipmunks, I believe I would be a big fans of them.
会唱歌的花栗鼠?如果他们可以像电影《艾尔文和花栗鼠》里的花栗鼠一样很会唱歌,我想我会是他们的大粉丝的。
A:So do I. They are good singers, and cuter than the mouse that always steal our food.
我也是。他们真的唱得很好,也比那些只会偷吃东西的老鼠可爱多了。
B:Unfortunately, they only exist in the fancy world.
不幸的是,他们只是幻想的。
A:You really think so?
你真的这么认为吗?
B:Yeah, because we never seen any intelligent animals in real world, they only appear in TVs.
当然了,我们从来就没有在现实生活中见过那样聪明的动物,他们只出现在电视中。
A:You shouldn’t be so passive. Anyway we human beings are not the master of the world; the animals might treat us as idiots.
你真不该这么消极。不管怎么说,我们人类并不是这个世界的统治者,在动物眼中,我们也许是傻子。
B:That sounds interesting.
你讲得真有趣。